Sunday, July 5, 2009

Nerts!

So it's day three in Nepal and we're off to a good start, or at least an early one. Sam and I jogged/walked early this morning around Kathmandu and checked out the vegetable market. We came back and watched the children (Sam and I, along with 5 other volunteers, stay with our host mom Uma, in the orphanage she runs for about 8 children right now) Anyway... every morning before school the children get up and meditate and do their prayers and stretch, and eat and have this long, but calming routine before school. Observing them really makes me think I should start something like that at school, it would definitely be a much better way to start the morning than my usual, wake up a little late, brush teeth, possibly eat, get on my bike and if I'm lucky and don't wipe out on any icy, curbs or run into any cars, make to class about 5 minutes late.

It's hard to blog here because I'm writing in my journal each day but there are so many things I could write on here it's hard to remember them all. So I think I might start throwing out some random thoughts... Yesterday we went to a mall and had some black forest cake ice cream, two scoops for aobut the equivalent of 75 cents, beat that MooTown. On the way out we saw some monkeys chillin' on some wires. The amazing mountain view we have from our house is not even the Himalayas, I wish I could show you all. You never use your left hand here, I'll tell you why later. The children call us "dede" which means sister. There isn't really cheese here, Not sure how long I will last with that. However, there is some amazing spreadable cheese here, it blows Laughing Cow out of the water. Our taxi got bumped by a bus yesterday. There are no streetlights.

That's all I've got for now! Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment