Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dirty Dublin

Keep it simple, stupid. These were the few words of advice I managed to get out of, David, the nice older Irishmen we met at Gravedigger's Pub last night. Although it took me a few minutes to get used to his accent, it took longer for me to understand what he was trying to tell us, I think he'd been drinking a little bit. The people here are so overwhemingly friendly, it makes you want to stay as long as you can. However, for Sam and I that's not the case. In less than 24 hours we will be boarding a plane from Dublin to London. Then a plane to New Delhi and finally, a plane to Kathmandu! Our final destination! Soon enough I can tell you all about the sherpa's I meet in Nepal and all of the trekking we'll be doing. Until then I'll leave you with a final thought from David, "Be true to yourself." (In a thick Irish accent, don't worry I'm working on adding to my accent repertiore very soon.) Until then, Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Ah..the wit and wisdom of drunk Irishmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Julie is jealous, these are her people. Enjoy the flights. Say hi to India for me.

    P.S. Rachel is about to make homemade pancakes. Not sure who's having the sweeter time.

    ReplyDelete