Friday, August 7, 2009

Team Ohhhhhhhh Yeah

Hey there, I know it's not of much importance to everyone else but I think I discovered the flavor of my favorite ice cream here.. Elaichi (cardamon) Pista (pistachio) , it's really delicious. Today Sam, Lisa and I left around 6:45 to catch the bus so we could go to Pokhara, a nice lakeside town with great spots for trekking. We rode the bus for about a few hours, and made some Arizona friends who we would later be rafting with. We got off the bus with our backpacks, getting soaked in the rain. We waited for others to arrive and later went rafting for a few hours! It was freezing cold water and yes I fell off once, but it was awesome! After a lunch break, we rafted a little while longer and stopped to catch a local bus to Pokhara. We made a friend on the roof...

Anyway, we're quite tired tonight but are waking up early tomorrow for some trekking and site watching. I'll fill you in on the details later.

In other news, as long as there was no bandh today... Danny started school! Wooooooooo!

It's sort of surreal to know that in less than a week, I'll be back home in the U.S., no longer able to barter for taxis, food or gifts, can't use my rupees for anything and will most likely have to show up to things on time. As much as I love being around family and friends at home, I honestly don't want to leave Nepal. I'm going to try and savor the last few days I have here.

P.S. We're going to a meditation center tomorrow for 150 rupees (yes that's $2) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment