Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Like A Whole Sensory Experience

So it's Monday night... meaning we leave tomorrow afternoon. I'm not sure how I feel right now. I mean, I know I'm full since we just ate some of our last daalbhaat. And I'm hot because it's rather warm in the house, especially after running around with the kids. And I'm tired from our adventures in Pokhara over the weekend but sadness hasn't totally sunk in yet.

However, that's not what my blog is for, it's to talk about all the awesome things about being here and to not forget about everything I've learned these past six weeks. When I think about it, the things I'll miss the most, besides the people and the children, are the sights and smells and tastes of being here. I will forever hear the children getting up in the morning for their daily stretches and prayers. I will not forget the smells of garbage on the street, or the corn being cooked right next to it, or the vegetable market or the kids on Fridays. (Wash day is Saturday ;) More than anything, I'll miss the people I've met here and the friends we've made. I can't wait to come back and visit with everyone.

Someone in the airport told me that Nepal is a place that changes lives. Although she was a little loopy and I didn't know her that well, I believed her. Now I don't like having expectations because chances are they won't be accurate but if there is one expectation I'm happy I had, it's that one. It took almost all of my time here but I've finally realized that this place has changed my life and I'll never forget it.

Although this will be my last blog typed from Kathmandu on Uma's computer (while she watches like a hawk), I'll do my best to update on here about Danny and everything that's happening. Thanks so much for reading and staying in touch!

Namaste,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment